[Advaita-l] Re: Upadesha Panchakam 1

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:46:05 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 7/31/06, Taina Kilpiainen <tutteli at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Abhishek,
>
> Thank you for slokas!
>
> I have bought some cd's which includes part of
> different slokas of different chantings /upanisads
> etc)
>
> These cd's are: Sacret chants of shiva (Shivoham,
> Shiva manas puja etc.., Shivoham, different chantings
> of Shiva, Himalayan chants, includes part of chntings
> Kathopanisad, Taittiriya Upanisads etc. I wanted to
> see and read these chantings completely, I wanted to
> write them and to learn chant them, so I wanted to ask
> from where I could get chantings and upanishads etc
> just same way when you have put below.

I got these here in India. But, I think many are available on the net too.

> Some marks see in my computer in mode "^", I don't
> know what letter comparae/equivalent
>
> "vedo nityamAdhIyatAM taduditaM karma svanuShThIyatAM
> teneshasya vidhIyatAmapachitiH kAmye matistyajyatAm|
> pApoughaH paridhUyatAM bhavasukhe doSho'nusandhIyatA-
> mAtmechCha vyvasIyatAM nijagR^ihAttUrNaM
> vinirgamyatAm||1||"

These characters are for writing the devanagari script (in which
sanskrit language is usually written) in Roman alphabets. The system
is called Itrans. For more details, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITRANS and http://www.aczoom.com/itrans/

> I am sorry my bad english, sometimes it feel so
> difficult when I have so less possibilities to find
> scriptures, they have so extreme less to available in
> my country.

I feel language should be used to get the mesage across rather than
trying to stick to the proper rules etc. :) And nearly all the Hindu
scriptures are online to enable those interested to access them.

Regards,
Abhishek
--
satyena dhAryate pR^ithvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||