[Advaita-l] brahman

S.N. Sastri sn.sastri at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 18:44:19 CDT 2006

Mahesh wrote:-
Thanks again for your reply. From your description of "sarvajnah" as applied
to Brahman and Iswara, Krishna was Iswara and not Brahman - since he
"displayed omniscience". Is that correct or am I missing something?
------
 brahman is nirguNa. It has no qualities and no activity. But when
associated with mAyA it is saguna. saguna brahman is ISvara. All gods,
vishNu, Siva, kr.shNa are saguna brahman i.e. Isvara.

>From the standpoint of ultimate reality all are brahman-  not only gods, but
all human beings and all living creatures. But from the empirical
(vyAvahArika)
standpoint they are all different.

To know more about brahman, ISvara and jIva please visit my website
http://www.geocities.com/snsastri and open the file 'Terms and Concepts in
Advaita'.

S.N.Sastri