[Advaita-l] Re: A REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE.

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 10:30:48 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 7/17/06, Abhishek RK <rkabhi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I disagree. I don't know how one can learn shAstras from those who
> don't even follow the shAstras. Based on personal experience, these
> organisations enjoin a Christian lifestyle while "studying" the
> shAstras. Ramakrishna mission is practically a Christian mission
> today. Personally, I've found a few good book in some of their centres
> but the swAmijis there don't encourage karmas for sure!

One who knows Abhishek personally  would understand the context in which He
is saying this.  I feel that  I need not  write  regading  this  as Jaldhar
has already  wrote about it.  But  to supplement  this, all I would say is
what is it that is  expected  from  one  who uses  a  room freshner  in his
place  though  he being  a Sannyasi.  I don't  deny there  were  books from
Sannyasis who were very much learned like Tapasyananda and Ranganathananda
....., but it is difficult for us to find such men now.

Hope I'm not embrassing the esteemed members. Please take it with the
context.

Regards

Prasad Kadambi

--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!