[Advaita-l] RE:self-realization/salvation

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 08:41:27 CDT 2006

> >From: S Jayanarayanan <sjayana at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Absolutely false!
> >
> >One of the chief pre-requisites for jIvanmukti is manonAsha or
> >destruction of the mind. Please refer to the jIvanmuktiviveka of
> >vidyAraNya.
> >
> >-Kartik

Shree Kartikji - PraNAms

As I understand, the destruction of the mind means distruction of the
notional mind or the notions that is I am this or I am that or the world
is separate from me and I am limited etc. and not the mind that can
think objectively; otherwise we would not have any guru left to teach
after he becomes jivan mukta.

Why should any thing gets destroyed by knowledge other than the
ignorance? Our misunderstanding of the world and even about the mind
will  go away. For jiivanmukta everything is nothing but Brahman and
that includes the body,mind and intellect too.

Hari OM!
Sadananda