[Advaita-l] Re: A REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE.

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Mon Jul 17 21:53:02 CDT 2006

Namaste

Every organisation, be it RK Mission or Chinmaya mission, has
contributed positively to the teaching of Vedanta. However our
perspectives and desire are entirely due to our aptitude and
preparedness. For example, about 15 years ago, I found the general
titles of RK Mission very informative. However, at present I prefer the
works of Shankara on the Prasthana traya and also the works of Dayananda
sarasvati swami and satchitanandendra swami.

I also agree with Sanjayji that in very traditional circles too, Vedanta
can become an intellectual exercise or even not fruitful. I still
remember a Swami from Sringeri Matha approaching Swami Sakshatkrtananda
of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam (Rishikesh) imposing his belief that the Jagat
was a product of the union of Shiva and Shakti. In fact, this incident
baffled me because until then I assumed that anyone who was initiated by
the Sringeri Matha must be shrotriyas. A lesson learnt.