[Advaita-l] Re: A REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE.

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:15:55 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 7/17/06, kuntimaddi sadananda <kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The only advise I can give you is study the shaastras under a guidance.
>  There are Ramakrishna missions, Chinmaya Missioss everywhere and join a
> study group or join classes where vedanta is taught systamatically.

I disagree. I don't know how one can learn shAstras from those who
don't even follow the shAstras. Based on personal experience, these
organisations enjoin a Christian lifestyle while "studying" the
shAstras. Ramakrishna mission is practically a Christian mission
today. Personally, I've found a few good book in some of their centres
but the swAmijis there don't encourage karmas for sure!

Regards,
Abhishek
--
satyena dhAryate pR^ithvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||