[Advaita-l] Guru purnima

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 13:13:08 CDT 2006

On 11/07/06, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:
> Today, the purnima (full moon) of the month of Ashadha is called Guru
> purnima.  Sadhakas should consider this the holiest day of the year as
> without the guidance of our Guru parampara, we would remain mired in ignorance.
>
> According to the Dharmasindhu,

[rest snipped]

That was an extremely interesting mail, Jaldhar-ji.

Can you tell us a bit more about the Dharmasindhu?

On the vyUha theory you mentioned in the mail, I understand it comes
from the pancarAtra Agama-s. Has any list member read any of the
pancarAtra texts? What is their importance in the various vaiShNava
traditions? From what I have read/observed, the pancarAtra and
vaikanAsa texts seem to be used only for temple rites by some
SrIvaiShNava temples in southern India. They dont seem to be known in
the rest of the country. Do the other vaiShNava sampradAya-s have any
use for them?

bhava Sankara deSikame SaranaM
Ramesh