[Advaita-l] Re: Self-knowledge

Amuthan aparyap at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 30 21:56:16 CST 2006

namo nArAyaNAya!

--- Sanjay Srivastava <sksrivastava68_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sri Satyan Chidambaran wrote:
>
> > If you
> > are interested, this  line of reasoning
> (cranial/dental etc) was directly
> > out of pUjya Swami Dayananda-ji's  cassettes on
> pramAna prameya vichAra.
>
> Gosh! I committed a blasphemy !!..
> I take back my words lock, stock and barrel!!!..

:-))

i don't know much about svAmi dayAnanda sarasvatI, but
i've seen one of his video lectures. from that alone,
i can assure you that the svAmi has a charming
personality with an *amazing* sense of humour. i'm
sure the svAmi must have kept his listeners rolling
with laughter when he said all those cranial, dental
etc. stuff. it was meant to be funny :-) of course, it
is important to draw line between facts and fun. any
sensible reader who sees adjectives like cranial,
dental etc. being used for knowledge will find it
inappropriate. there's no need to go on the defensive
because the svAmi said that. fun aside, his point is
that *any* knowledge is intellectual.

when it comes to *intellectual* discussions, it's best
to keep facts and fun separate (at least in written
articles :-))

vAsudevaH sarvaM,
aparyAptAmR^itaH.