[Advaita-l] Madhusudana Saraswati

Krunal Makwana krunalmakwana at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:07:18 CST 2006

|| Namo  Narayan ||

Dear Jaldharji and members,

There has been alot of talk on Madhusudana Saraswati, I assume he was an
advaitin revivalist to defend advaita against other philosophises e.g.
Ramanuja, Vallabh, Madhva, Chaitanya and etc if i'm not correct please say
so.

I have been trying to do some research on this great personality through the
web and also trying to find books about his life and etc.

I have ordered 2 books from the internet (Advaita Siddhi & Gudhartha Dipika)
unfortunately they are books that MS has authored but i was wondering is
there anything i could read about his life and etc.

Preferably:

1) Birth, Parent, Caste, Birth Miracles (If any)
2) His student life
3) His Guru
4) etc basicly anything that seems authentic (or not) that is related to him
and his life.

I have also ordered :
Totakacarya : Srutisarasamuddharanam, how authentic is this?

Sureshwacarya has written vartika(s), but there seems to be numerous
vartika's if i'm correct. What is a varitika and how many of them are there
(which he has written or any other of the 3 direct disciple of BP), and
where could i purchase them from. I live in England so i'm limited in where
i could find scriptures etc.

Warm Regards,

Krunal