[Advaita-l] Budha & Advaita

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:44:31 CST 2006

Namaste,

On 1/5/06, Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com> wrote:

> And any subjective comparison (like the one Jaldhar ji has referred to) is
> just that: subjective, and therefore its validity is limited among
> people who already believe in the validity of one set of axioms.
> Subjective comparisons don't prove anything and thus are USELESS.
> Objective comparisons cannot prove that one is correct and the other
> is not. So just try to take in verifiable facts, and see what best
> fits you.
>
> *Yes* I too do think that we are not making any new point, but we are
repeating what is there in the scriptures. If we doubt the very scriptures
that are the foundations  of sanatana hindu dharma then where do we assume
to stand. Vedic Sanction is unquestionable as the Kalpa authorizes us to
animal sacrifice. Hence it is not be questioned. But at the same time we are
accepting the alternatives what acharya Madhwa has given us and hence the
outright rejection of Vedas or vedangas are unacceptable as they undoubtedly
form the foundation of our views. I sincerely hope the satvikas of this
mailing lists are trying to convince the same. With humility I would say
that we do not have any malice towards Buddhism as a whole.

Regards

Prasad Kadambi

--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!