[Advaita-l] Re: Proper worship in Shankara's tradition

N R, Chakradhar (Chakradhar) nrchakradhar at lucent.com
Mon Feb 27 02:56:45 CST 2006

Dear Members,
I have a related question to the one raised by Subramanian V.
"Avarana puja" is found as part of pujas performed for certain deities,
the most famous being the 'Nava-avarana puja' associated with Sri Chakra
puja.
This "avarana" was mentioned by Prof V.K. in his Digests on Soundaryalahari.

In the panchayatana puja is there a mention of "avarana puja"?
Has Sri Shankaracharya commented on the "avarana puja" in any of his
works/commentaries?
Does the "avarana puja" has advaitic significance?
Does the numbers like "pancha-avarana", "nava-avarana" etc for different
deities has
any significance?

Expecting thoughtful insights from the learned members of this group.

Humble pranams
N R Chakradhar