[Advaita-l] Re: Question: Swadharma

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 11:31:42 CST 2006

Dear Ram and All,

Could it those passages re: dignity were applicable
because morality was held at a high standard; but
really not meant for one to cause harm to another.

Some passages in the dharmashastras are offensive to
Brahmins (esp those that dont practice their dharma or
those that even mildly transgress it).

Kanchi periacharya in "Hindu Dharma" at
www.kamakoti.org does not dwell on these issues.

One is clear is that, anyone is eligible for
moksha/Brahma-gyana, but methods are different.

Persecution that has ocurred "in name of jati/varna"
is actually more based on economics and power abused
by those in power.

Ram's statement re: violation of dignity whether by
birth or qualities is an important issue.

I've asked questions along the same line to Chinna
Jeeyar Swami of Srivaishnava Sampradaya and Jay
Nelamengala (Dvaita scholar), and I'm awaiting their
Shankaracharyas.

Dhanyavaad, Ravi Chandrasekhara