[Advaita-l] Re: More on Paurusha

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:15:33 CST 2006

>So what is important is the maturity to receive the karma phala with
>equanimity of mind which is termed as "prasada buddhi" in the Bhagavad
>Gita.

As the gItA also says, yogaH karmasu kauSalam. Without understanding the
results of karma, it is not possible to achieve the excellence in action
that is indicated here. It is not that we should not expect action to
produce results. Action always produces results, good or bad, but perhaps
not in the timeframe that we like. The key is to not get attached to the
results (yoginaH karma kurvanti sangaM tyaktvA AtmaSuddhaye), and not to get
disappointed or carried away by them.

Regards,
Vidyasankar