[Advaita-l] brahma satyaM, jaganmithyA

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 06:38:58 CDT 2006

In my understanding Iswara is Saguna Brahman and not Nirguna Brahman.  It is
not right to say that Maya is dependent on Nirguna Brahman for that would
contradict the fact that Maya is anirvachaniya.  Also it would contradict
Nirguna Brahman as being Absolute.

 A Videha Mukta merges with Nirguna Brahman and not Saguna Brahman.  A Mukta
never comes back, that is the assertion of our Vedas.  All jeevas are
subject to the Maya of Easwara and if Videha Mukta should reincarnate then
Mukthi and liberation will have no meaning.  A Mukta is not parallel to
Easwara as Mukta is one without a second.

 A Jeevan Mukta has no identity with the body and no interest in the body.  So
he neither wishes to stay in Samadhi nor otherwise. What the body of Jeevan
Muktha undergoes is of the predestination of a karmic body and Jeevan Muktha
has nothing to do with it.