[Advaita-l] Re: Buddhism Related Discussions

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 19:35:01 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 8/15/06, Lakshminarayana <narayana_kl_71 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  If you interpret lending
> existence as meaning dependance i.e., that the jIvas
> have no independant existence, then the above
> statements are more closer to dvaita than to bauddha
> mata.

Actually, if we interpret it this way, this would be closer to advaita.

 > My impression is that you are seeing bauddha doctrine
> in Rameshji's statements when there is none.

Maybe I am, because I don't know much of the bauddha doctrine.

Regards,
Abhishek

--
satyena dhAryate pR^ithvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||