[Advaita-l] Re: Buddhism Related Discussions

Lakshmi Muthuswamy lakmuthu at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 12:04:21 CDT 2006

Abhishek RK <rkabhi at gmail.com> wrote:    Namaste,

> But is the advaitic Atman the same as what is mentioned above? Is
> there such a thing as Ramesh's Atman, Jaldhar's Atman, Kartik's Atman,
> etc? There isn't. The Atman is non-dual. Atman/brahman is not an
> entity that exists. It is that which lends existence to all entities,
> be it the computer, the table or the jIva. It is existence itself.
> What is, is Atman/brahman.
Abhishekji wrote:
I have some issues with the above. Firstly, It is wrong to say
"Atman/brahman is not an entity that exists". This is really
unbelievable seeing this in a advaita- list.
And "It is that which lends existence to all entities, be it the
computer, the table or the jIva. It is existence itself. What is, is
Atman/brahman" This sound more like Bauddha mata to me. So far I've
never heard of any advaitin speak this way!

Abhishek, from the above post of yours, it is very clear that brahma Atma aikayam has been very well understood by you. Excellent.

  brahma niShTa prAptirastu!

  om namo narayanaya