[Advaita-l] oldest text considering everyone as oneself

Sylvain elisabeth-sylvain at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 9 14:16:16 CDT 2006

When these divine revelations, cited here after by Krunal, were put to pen
and paper ?

Sylvain

__________________________________

Dear Sylvain,

> What is the oldest hindu text that claim the importance of considering
> everyone as oneself,

sarvam khalu idam brahma (chandogya upanishad 3.14.1) + ayam AtmA brahma
(bR^ihadAranyaka upanishad 2.5.19)

Everything is verily brahman + Atman is brahman

>loving others,
yastu sarvaaNi bhuutaanyaatmanyevaanupashyati .sarvabhuuteshhu chaatmaana.n
tato na vijugupsate  isha up. 6

He who sees all beings in the Self itself, and the Self in all beings, feels
no hatred by virtue of that realisation

>or advaita ideas ?

To my knowledge, the phrase 'advaita' or non-dual comes from the mandukya
upanishad verse 7.

I don't know if i am correct with the above but I pray to the scholars to
correct me if i have made any mistakes.Kind regards,Krunal