[Advaita-l] creationist And evolutionist

Sanjay Varma sanjay.varma.gm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 21:00:03 CDT 2006

> Do you mean our actions cannot create prakriti ?

in the material world our actions are bound by the laws of nature
(prakriti) - maybe I'm missing something, but from where did the
notion of "us" having "created" it arise?

according to advaita vedanta, the universe is a "projection" or
"apperation" of  brahman - not a "creation". if we prefer to use the
word "creation" for this - then we need to add explicitly that the
creator and created are one and the same.

please check out these articles on advaitic cosmology ...

http://www.vedanta-newyork.org/cosmology.htm
http://www.johndobson.org/articles/questionnaire.html
http://www.johndobson.org/articles/equations.html