[Advaita-l] Is mere intellect enough ?

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 07:53:03 CDT 2006

Saprem Namaskar.
             Is mere intellect enough to understand our real nature ? to
realise and hence be one with the Brahman ? Is it possible by just reading
scriptures and writings of the great ?

            The intellect after all is humane.Can only it be used for going
beyond Maya towards 'realisation' ? The intellect uses time,space and
causation for understanding/deducing wordly things and the
writings.Theliteral meaning can be understood,but can the
'bhaavaartha' be understood
using the intellect ? Can one's reading and applying logic raise one to the
limit that he 'realizes' the 'Reality' ? Does it not require the guidance of
a sadguru to follow the Jnana Yoga ?

Can the learned please enlighten me on this topic.

Thanking in advance.

Kind regards,
Pranav