[Advaita-l] Fwd: RE: "Bhagavad Gita" - ALL 20 Chapter Downloads

Ram Garib garib_ram at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 10 08:36:13 CDT 2006

>From the responses on this thread, it seems that
vedantins in general do not have good opinion about
ISKCON, which is fine as long as this aversion is kept
restricted to philosophical domain.

However, if we look from social point of view, ISKCON
is doing a great service to hinduism. It is the only
sect of hinduism that has made concerted efforts to
refute missionary propaganda. Rather, they have gone
overboard and converted even christians to hinduism!
Their philosophy may be amateurish, but let us not
forget that it is the only sect of hinduism that has
deeply looked into the issue of conversion and come
out with a consistent response. If we can respect
tantra and nath and pashupat and shakta as genuine
traditions of hinduism, why this aversion for gaudiya
sampradaya?

With regards,
Ram Garib