[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva

Ram Garib garib_ram at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 7 15:54:46 CDT 2006

--- Siddhartha Annapureddy <annapureddy at gmail.com>
wrote:

>      I have a few questions on Apaurusheyatva. Could
> some of you clarify
> these issues?

Just a related isuue on this.

We read in our scriptures an ancient struggle between
the followers of trayi-vidya on one side with
vasishtha and vishwamitra leading it; and on the other
side, proponents of atharvana as veda under the
leadership of bhrigu and angiras. Even Gita also talks
of three vedas.

Can anyone thow light on this? Why atharva was not
considered as veda? Is there any historical account
when it started being considered as veda? And what
finally led to its acceptance as veda? Did it have any
effect on the doctrine of apaurusheyatva?

With regards,
Ram Garib