[Advaita-l] Logic and shastra

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:32:47 CDT 2005

Pranams:
 I agree to your points (possibly missing the gist of the dark room story a
bit) except the last suggestion:
 "While many a things in shastra-s are beyond even experience, how can words
describe it
or logic infer it?"
 I don't intend to describe it by "capturing Brahman in an equation". All I
am trying to say is if advaita claims that "Brahman is all there is" then
what is the justification for this? Becuase it's in the book and I take
based on faith? Not something that is agreeable to me.
 I know that science is far from answering the basic question: "What is
consciousness?" Infact people like Roger Penrose have claimed that a new
physics is need to describe the phenomenon of consiousness. So, I don't mean
to have a "short and concise" answer to my question but have you been able
to justify to yourself the conclusion of Advaita? IIf so, I would be curious
to know how?
 Humble pranams, Mahesh