[Advaita-l] viShNusUri

Ravi Mayavaram ravi at ambaa.org
Thu Mar 31 09:01:35 CST 2005

Very little is known about this author AFAIK. Following is a note on him
from the preface of his book on rudrabhAShyam.

so.ayaM viShNusUriH chatvArimSataH samvatsarebhyaH
prAN^gimIrajAbhidhAyAM paTTavardhanarAjadhAnyAM
tapasvinor-mAtApitror-Ishavara-prasAdAl-labdha-janmA.atimedhAvI
vaidyopAbhitaH kaSchana paNDita AsIditi karNopakarNikayA shrUyate |

At the end of the work Sri VS gives out the details on the day he
completed the work. But does not give the absolute year in the
SalivAhana Sakha, but only  the cyclic year name. In that while
referring to himself, he merely says  the he is pANDuraN^gAN^gajAtaH,
and named viShNu.

In any case, this book is tough to read and I am not aware of any
available translation. If you know, please let me know.

Ravi