[Advaita-l] RE: logic and Shastra

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:05:12 CDT 2005

When I said "it is possible to create such nuance with swara-s", what
I meant is that spoken word is capable of creating such nuances. I did
not have a specific example for AtmA. But what I thought was, if some
one was keen on differentiating, they could have done by say having :

A) A in udAtta and tmA in swarita
B) A in udAtta and tmA in anudAtta

and establish a convention that #A is brahman  and #b is jIvA.

It is also known that the meaning of shruti with the change of swara-s
due to difference in emphasis as in story of tvasta and indra.

 Unlike languages like Tamil, or  Hindi, presence of swara-s in shruti
is makes it capable to presenting such nuances. But whether in this
context, whether there is a specific usage I do not know. And I could
be totally wrong on this, if so, my apologies for wasting your time.

Ravi

Ravi Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com>