Animal Sacrifices (was Re: [Advaita-l] Web-sites related to advaita)

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jan 19 16:24:13 CST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Ravisankar Mayavaram wrote:

> Specific laws prohibiting animal sacrifice have been passed only in a
> few states of India. These states are, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,
> Gujarat,

Hah, I can tell you from personal experience animal sacrifices are alive
and kicking in Gujarat.

> Kerala, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu  and Pondicherry. The rule
> regarding animal sacrifices in all these states roughly contain the
> same facts. Section 2(b) of the Andhra Pradesh Animals and Birds
> Sacrifices (Prohibition) Act, 1950, defines "sacrifice" as the killing
> or maiming of any animal or bird for the purpose of any animal or bird
> for the purpose of any religious worship or adoration.
>
> These Acts specially prohibit any person from officiating, performing,
> assisting or participating in any sacrifice. It also maintains that no
> one can knowingly allow such a sacrifice to be performed at any place
> of religious worship or place under his control.
>
> The penalty for contravention extends to a fine and/or imprisonment.

In Halal slaughter the animals are dedicated to Allah so the inescapable
conclusion is...  Of course those bullies wouldn't dare pick on someone
their own size.

But lets trace this malady to its source.  The reason people can get away
such things is because the so-called defenders of Hinduism are only
interested in combatting such fantasies because they want to install their
own fantasies.  Thus they have no moral authority.  The only way they ever
will is when they start concentrating on what Hinduism is, not what is
might be or could be or ought to be.

It's a boy! See the pictures - http://www.braincells.com/nilagriva/