[Advaita-l] Do Hindus have self-respect?

vishwanthan Krishnamoorthy krishvishy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 00:16:12 CST 2005

I have on many occasions ventured out to shopping
malls/restaurants/shop and stop etc... wearing a
veshti and the tripundra with chandan and kumkum here
in while visiting the temple here in Ashland. I feel
the overall acceptance has been amazing, not once have
I been asked to explain myself.

My personal theory is that we being reared in a
secular environement are discouraged from an
ostentatious display of religion so as to not hurt the
sentiments of those who belong to other religions.

I however now feel that one should not compromise
one's individuality based on public opinion. This
restricts personal growth.

regards
Vishwanathan