[Advaita-l] janmana jaayate shUdraH

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:34:35 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 Sri Jaldhar wrote:

"There is no place on planet earth where the poor are equal to the rich.
Democracy or otherwise."

There is no place on planet earth where there is no injustice. That does not
make pursuit of justice undesirable or even irrelevant.

"The new order of reality can jump in a lake. I adjust the order of reality
to fit my own needs as all free men do."

In a previous post it was argued that social reality comes earlier than
historical ideals. The social reality of the caste system is that today it
is not what it used to be a hundred years ago. There are changes within the
hindu society and outside that are impacting it and giving rise to changes
in caste and varna system. They are not going to take a jump in a lake. They
are here to stay.

"Stop worrying about society and do your own duty. Then society will take
care of itself. As for me, my conscience is clear."

Taking what one considers the cause of justice is never beyond ones duty.
Our society is not insulated from what is happenning outside and is changing
as a result . The choice is to either let these changes occur through
default or to take a considered action. Mobilizing opinion through such
debates and consensus is a part of the latter.

Regards,
Sanjay Srivastava