[Advaita-l] janmana jaayate shUdraH

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 12:01:12 CST 2005

hariH Om !!

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:
>
> > level of giving them recognition of the lapses of
> the
> > previous society, but not to make them as part of
> one
> > of the 4 castes or even ONE caste, even at the
> level
> > of a secular society i.e spiritual karma as per
> one's
> > tradition but equal in democracy, knowing fully
> well
> > that we have no choice at this stage of society.
>
> There is no place on planet earth where the poor are
> equal to the rich.
> Democracy or otherwise.

Who is talking about equality of rich and poor?
Democracy has much larger objective than that. We are
talking about new order of social justice based on a
larger understanding of human nature, humaneness. The
same democracy has permitted a brAhmana to perform
whatever he  desires. He is allowed to take part in
all the other jobs. Here we are talking about some
totally under-privileged segment of the society which
is not even having that chance. The goal is how to
deliver that equality of humanness, in a tangible and
practical way. I am not asking your money? The
resources of this mother earth are equal to everyone.
Let not people exploit the uninformed and the
powerless. We are forming new rules of how the wealth
and resources and opportunities are distributed to all
the people.

> >Still  we are interpreting Dharma in terms of the
> old
> > scriptures, and not according to new order of
> reality.
>
> The new order of reality can jump in a lake.  I
> adjust the order of
> reality to fit my own needs as all free men do.

I guess, it needs more decent rational thinking as you
advocate many a time. If you need to take a break,
please do so.

There are many free men who think that dharma needs a
careful re-look. These people point out that there is
a lot of mis-understanding which has probably creapt
in in actual practice. It may not throw away the
dharma sastras. It may throw away the distortions from
the initial intent, as many of us are doing now. You
have claimed 'clear conscience' at the end of the
mail. What is being asked is that everyone should
'clear their conscience' and create an opportunity for
all humans to live in peace and not exploitation. This
is the order of new reality, I am saying we should
consider. We are not going to jump into a lake !! (as
you suggest)

> > I do not know when will a brAhmaNa who so claims
> will
> > get to do his duties prescribed for him in the
> Dharma
> > sastras !! When will he be compassionate and
> > charitable and have self-ralization as his sole
> goal,
> > and works to help all the other castes and
> creatures
> > without claiming spremacy. If that day comes, yes
> then
> > you can have a society modelled around the 4 varna
> > system.
>
> Stop worrying about society and do your own duty.
> Then society will take
> care of itself.  As for me, my conscience is clear.

As an educated man if you are content with your 'clear
conscience' and then start mailing lists and believe
that all is taken care, an ignorant man continues to
worry about the people at large. This becomes part of
my duty as well. You know about need-based special
karmas one is enjoined to do, right ?

I am pointing to the failings of the society. I doubt
if anybody is envious of a brAhmaNa because he is not
able to perform yagnas or not having upanayanam. All
the unrest in the society is because under the name of
their higher caste(s) status, many social privileges
were neglected for the 4 th caste and casteless
people. If you can deliver social justice, none of
those people will fight for becoming and branded as
brAhmaNas etc.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna