[Advaita-l] Yoga - aparOkshAnubhUti - Vedanta Sara

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Feb 3 02:26:39 CST 2005

Namaste Bhaskarji,

praNAms Sri Kathirasan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kathirasan prabhuji:

Please take note that I have mentioned that Shankara RE-INTERPRETS the
angas in the Aparokshaanubhuti. Please do study the text and you will
definitely get what I mean.

bhaskar :

Thanks for the clarification I shall look into it prabhuji.

Kathirasan prabhuji:

All sadhanas in Patanjala Yoga can be classified as Purusha tantra while
manana & Nididhyasana are vastu tantras. Hence the re-interpretation by
Shankara in Aparokshaanubhuti seems to be of the latter type.

bhaskar :

That's really very important observation prabhuji.  Infact, my parama
guruji also says the same thing,,,dhyAna yOga being the purusha tantra
jnAna, one can do it, may not do it or do it in another way....but Atma
jnAna cannot be a product of purusha tantra jnAna & it has to be realised
*as it is*...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar