[Advaita-l] Re: Love molecule

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:29:25 CST 2005

Sri Sunil Bhattacharjya wrote:

>   Do you mean to say that all the modern gurus are fake?

Not really. Some of them may indeed be excellent social workers or
good psychotherapists -- if only they gave up the facade of teaching
spirituality and concentrated on their core competencies.

>   Secondly Ramana Maharsi and Nityananda Swami, the guru of Swami  Muktananda, did not have any guru,  They were all not from very  long past. Do you want to call them fake also?

I am confused why you put Ramana and Nityananda in the same category.
Ramana was not a new ager by any standard. His understanding of
tradition and shAstra were flawless and his credentials were
acknowledged by no less than kAnchI mahAswAmigal.  Note that peer
review is an important part within tradition.

Since I do not know much about Nityananda Swami, I would desist from
hazarding a guess. Though judging from the teachings of his disciple
Swami Muktananda, I would not be faulted, if I did.

praNAm