[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com
Tue Aug 9 00:16:19 CDT 2005

Humble praNAm-s,

Seshan-ji wrote:
Do you also mean that for Sri Vaishnavites, it is from Grihasta to
Vanaprastha to sanyasa? I am told that the Dasanaami system is one of the
popular norms for Sanyasa.

praveen:
As a related thing, Kanchi paramaacharya, Chandrasekharendra Saraswati,
mentions in his works "Hindu Dharma" that sanyaasaashram can be stepped into
from any of the four ashrams and not necessarily after vaanaprastha. I'm not
sure if this is limited to advaita following only.

shivam shaantam advaitam,
--praveen