[Advaita-l] The liberated souls and Brahmaloka

Ramesh Badisa badisa55 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:25:24 CST 2004

>From: "Vidyasankar Sundaresan" <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>
>To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
>Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] The liberated souls and Brahmaloka
>Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:54:27 -0800
>

>Ramesh Badisa wrote:
>
>"The Brahma Sutra IV.3.10 talks about dissolution of
>Brahma Lok (thus all other lokas also) and attainment of liberated souls
>and
>Lord Brahma to higher region. As per this sutra, the liberated souls
>achieve
>the absolute salvation. If it is so, then why the remaining BrahmaSutras
>talk about the fulfilling of desires by mere will, having all powers except
>creation and dissolution of universe, or to exist with or without a body
>etc. Once these liberated souls got the absolute salvation, then where is
>the question of limited powers etc to these souls?"
>
>The dissolution of brahmaloka is at the very end, the mahApralaya.

RBB: Correct. Once mahapralaya happens, then the liberated souls will attain
the divine. No doubt of it. But, for example the following sutras come after
IV.3.10 sutra:

* IV.4.8 (Sankalpadeva tu tacchruteh)
*IV.4.10 (Abhavam baadariraha hyevam)
* IV.4.15 (Pradipavadavesastatha hi darsayati)

As per your reply, the application of these sutras to liberated souls is
done before pralaya. However, these sutras are sequenced in the scripture
after mentioning of IV.3.10 sutra, giving a false idea that they are applied
after the pralaya. Therefore, my question was that it could have been much
more appropiate if the above sutras are sequenced before IV.3.10 sutra. This
way, it would be very clear that these sutras are associated with liberated
souls before pralaya.

My sincere apology if it hurts any members.

Namaste
Babu