[Advaita-l] Notes on Brahmasuutra I

Shailendra.Mishra shailendra.mishra at oracle.com
Wed Jun 9 16:48:03 CDT 2004

Shri Sadanandji:

I have read with interest your postings in the Advaitin group and have always found it very enlightening. I am a student of Krishna-Yajurvedam and have a few questions with regards to grammar of swarams. I have read the Taittiriya Pratisakhya and have been able to find answers to some of my questions. However, there is a question which I have not been able to resolve. The quesiton relates to deergh-swarita, Taittiriya Pratisakhya doesn't ever refer to swarita deergha. The rules for marking a swarita deergh is very different in Taittiriya Samhita as compared to Rigveda (Sakala shakha). My question is what are those rules and where are they described. I would be very greatful, if you could answer this for me. Please email me directly.

  -- Shubham Bhuyaat

  -- Shailendra