[Advaita-l] Vasanas (fwd)

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jul 13 12:06:14 CDT 2004

[Forwarded message from Arun Nair]

Hari Om,

I have a very basic question to ask on vasanas. Would be obliged if any of
the learned members can clarify this. It is said that the Causal Body
(Karana Sarira) is also the seat of vasanas in its unmanifest form which
gets manifested as desires and thoughts in the intellect. In one of the
earlier discussions I read 'What retains the vAsanAs is the sUkshma-SarIra,
the subtle body, which reflects
consciousness and behaves as if it were an independent local sentient
being." This was with reference to the death of an individual in the thread
"A story from the earthquake". Are the impressions (vsasanas) formed in the
subjective mind (buddhi).

Regards

Arun