[Advaita-l] Swami Satchidanandendra Saraswati

S Venkatraman svenkat52 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 22:08:01 CDT 2004

Vanakkam Stig-ji,

I am sure Ramaji will  soon provide us with the details of Swamiji's work on the first 4 sutras. I would like to have some advice on how best to approach the works of Swamiji; everything that I know about him is from the postings in this or the advaitin site.

I find that there are 2 types of works by the swamiji - on the one hand is the magnum opus 'The method of vedanta' and on the other there are several smaller books. Where should one start - the smaller books or 'The method of Vedanta'? Also are the smaller books sub-sets of various topics dealt with in the bigger one - in other words will reading the bigger one alone suffice?

Would be grateful for whatever advice that you could provide me.

Venkat - M

Stig Lundgren <slu at bredband.net> wrote:
Dear Rama,

I didnĀ“t know of this, and the authorities at Adhyatma Prakasha
Karyalya have never mentioned any such translation in their
correspondence with me. I would be most grateful to learn more
about this English translation. I believe there is a translation
into Kannada made by Satchidanandendra Swamiji, but I have never
heard of anyone into English.