[Advaita-l] What does "Hare Krishna" Mean?

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:03:31 CST 2004

I have no wish to enter into yet another interminable debate with an ISKCON
follower, but I would like Arvind to clarify one thing.

What exactly do you mean by the term bonafide? It is thrown about for any
and every thing - bonafide names of Vishnu, bonafide paramparA ... Are there
any non-bonafide names of Vishnu that anybody has been using?

And do you mean to say that no paramparA is bonafide other than your own?
And who certifies what is bonafide? Sri Prabhupada? Note that there is no
current paramparA older or more "bonafide" than that of Sankaracarya. And
please do not quote to us the verse attributed to Padma Purana - we've seen
that a million times already.

Vidyasankar