[Advaita-l] Re: Tantra

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 13:01:30 CST 2004

Namaste,

Sri Latha ji writes-

"I think there is a difference between "renunciation of action" and
"inaction". When there is an obstacle in way of our performing an action,
we are usually vulnerable to take the path of least resistance -
inaction! Why do it at all when we can be safe not performing the action?! We
let someone else take up the responsibility of doing it. This is
cowardice, flinching from responsibility! I think Arjuna was in this state of mind when he said he would go away from the battle field."

Is such cowardice not better than causing bloodshed? The main responsibility that Arjuna or any other Pandava had is towards the people of Hastinapura.  We know from the Mahabharata that Duryodhana was a good ruler as far as the people were concerned. Why then try to change the ruler and assert one's own right on the throne, especially when you know that it is going to cause a lot of hardships? Does it not sound like a "forced" responsibility?