[Advaita-l] Nirguna Brahman

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 09:29:16 CST 2004

Sri Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

"...for instance Sant Tulsidas of "Ishvara Allah tere naam"
fame was a vishistadvaitin Ramanandi.) ..."

That makes for an interesting point. Concept of "Allah" is in fact quite
close to vishishtadvaitin concept of maha-vishnu. Allah is the supreme
principle on which everything depends for its existence. However as limited
human beings, even though dependent upon Allah for our ultimate existence,
we are expected to follow a path of dharma in order to please Allah and
receive His grace. Ishwar-Allah quote by a vishishtadvaitin may not after
all be just a superficial attempt to syncretism.