[Advaita-l] Dharma

vishwanthan Krishnamoorthy krishvishy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 10:30:55 CST 2004

Interestingly and quite co-incidentaly i re read this
article by Paramacharya and inconjunction to this
discussion, the article may shed some light (everytime
i read this article i find something new).

http://www.vedarahasya.net/namonama.htm
(this article is also present in www.kamakoti.org.)

some excerpts from the article
+++
"A true sannyasi, a hundred percent sannyasi, has no
duties. He has no obligations to fulfil. He does not
have to think about the well-being or otherwise of
another."
+++
" His supreme and only Dharma is to be ever immersed
in Atma Vichara. If he does not do so, he is not a
sannyasi"
+++
" But we sannyasis, occupying a Gurupeetham, and
exercising the position as head of a Mutt, are the
ones that I distinguish from other sannyasis and refer
to pass-mark sannyasis. If you ask me why, the reply
is that when we took, the GURU title, we also took up
a host of duties. There is a heavy duty towards people
in general, the human community. To consider the
entire community as a body of devotees and aspirants,
and conduct them to the right path is our big duty."
+++

regards
vishwanathan