[Advaita-l] Shri Shankara Jayanti

rohit ubhayaker rohit8ganesh at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 26 04:41:44 CDT 2004

Dear  Saadhakas ,

Very  sorry ( better  late than  never ) , but  a  belated  "HAPPY  SHANKARA  JAYANTI"  to  everyone .

Two  and  a  half  years  ago , I  visited  the  Himaalayan  shrines  of  Shri  Kedaaranaatha  and  Shri  Badarinaatha . The  drive  from  Hrishikesha  to  both  these  places  really  opened  my  eyes  to  the  greatness  of our  Aachaarya . I  had always  loved  Him  even  before  my  pilgrimage , but  the  magnitude  of  His  various  achievements  viz.  the  re-establishment  of  the  temple  of  Shri  Badarinaatha (  and  others  throughout  India ) , the  writing  of  spiritual  classics , the  establishment  of  Mathas  at  various  far-flung  places ( including  Shri Jyotirmatha  in  the  mountains ) , the  establishment  of  the  Six  Faiths ,  the  debates , the  ascension  of  the  Sarvajnapeetha ,  public  discourses , the  list  is  unending ,  opened  my  eyes (  blinded  them  with  radiance! )  to  His  glory .

What  a  life !  What  a  trailblazer (  Deshika ).

In  terms  of  sheer  achievements , I  personally  think  no  other  Avataara  except  Shri  Krishna  can  be  compared  to  our  Aachaarya !

Words  fail  to  describe  His  glory .

So  respectful  silence  is  the  best  tribute  to  Him .

BHAVA  SHANKARA  DESHIKA  MAY  SHARANAM .
BHAVA  SHANKARA  DESHIKA  MAY  SHARANAM.
BHAVA  SHANKARA  DESHIKA  MAY  SHARANAM .

With  Love ,

Rohit  N. Ubhayaker .