[Advaita-l] Questions

venkata subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 06:05:25 CDT 2004

i am not sure of the date of the Magazine, but i remember having studied in one Shankara Kripa ( a magazine that was once published by Vani Vilas Press, Srirangam) that, it was H.H.The Sringeri Jagadguru Sri Sachidananda Shiva Abhinava Bharathi Swami who ordained that the celebration for 5 days from Vaishaka Amavasya to Panchami of Sri Shankara Jayanthi.  It is followed in spirit even today.

Thus, it is the Jagadguru's Angnya which has been followed everywhere.

Ravishankar Venkatraman <sunlike at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Saturday 25th April (Vaishakha shukla 5) is Shankaracharya Jayanti which
>commemorates the birthday of our Acharya (Ironically everyone agrees on
>the day even if they don't agree on the year or century.)

Jaldhar - I think there is a typo in your posting.

Saturday is 24th April. Did you mean Saturday or Sunday (25th)?

Thanks,
Ravi

Need assistance? Contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org