[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 5, Issue 13 :DPDS - 21

V. Krishnamurthy profvk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 00:30:11 CDT 2003

Namaste
Sri N. Seshan writes :

"referring to the below quoted piece , i would like to know why the deity of
the place Tirumiyachur , close to mayavaram is not mentioned. The temple
itself is dedicated to Lalita and the local temple history ( sthala varular)
says that the lalita sahasranama was composed there......."

It may please be noted by N. Seshan that the series of posts is the digest of what the Maha-Swamigal of Kanchi (the Paramacharya) spoke and as recorded by Sri Ra. Ganapati. So the mention or non-mention  of any particular deity or place was the choice of His Holiness only.

PraNAms to all advaitins and Devotees of Mother Goddess
profvk

Prof. V. Krishnamurthy
My website on Science and Spirituality is http://www.geocities.com/profvk/
You can  access my book on Gems from the Ocean of Hindu Thought Vision and Practice,  and my father R. Visvanatha Sastri's manuscripts from the site.