[Advaita-l] RE: e-vEdAnta course

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 14:23:29 CST 2003

hariH Om !!

> > Now let us try to understand why the Chinmaya
> Mission wants to charge $350
> > for this course and why a certificate is being
> provided after completing the
> > course. No institution in India or in USA can
> function without public
> > support and institutions just like individuals
> seek several means to collect
> > the funds.  I have been an office bearer
> (voluntary basis without any
> > remunaration) of several Insititutions both in
> India and USA and I am fully
> > aware of the difficulties of fund raising to pay
> the monthly bills which
> > include, mortgage, utility and maintenance bills.
>
> Unlike a business, one expects an organization that
> purports to be
> religious to only make money by moral means.  Is it
> worth selling ones
> soul for the sake of mortgage, utility and
> maintenance bills?  If people
> have to bribed into donating with certificates,
> there are deeper problems
> than can be solved with an e-course.

The $ 350 is not a donation, it is a FEE. If there is
genuinity, I should have donated to a US center, so
that I could save Tax. Why should I pay Uncle Sam for
reading Vedanta e-mails ? I could use my Dollars
fully, for the benefit of a charitable cause as
approved by law. Did some one think about this aspect
of Fee ? sorry, ...DONATION.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna