[Advaita-l] Re: gauDapAda kArikA-s

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri May 23 17:47:41 CDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] wrote:

> Did Sri gauDapAda meant "NO MORE bondage/liberation/seeker of liberation"
> vs. our understanding of "NOT AT ALL existed bondage/liberation/seeker of
> liberation what so ever" ?

The latter.  This is why his philosophy is also called Asparsha Yoga
because the atma is truly never touched by maya.  That is like the example
of the Moon appearing to sit in the branches of a tree when in fact it is
thousands of miles away.  So too, because our immediate perceptions are
based on the faulty testimony of the senses, the atma appears to be "in"
the body even though it is really seperate.