[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Vishwanathan Krishnamoorthy

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu May 22 06:12:16 CDT 2003

namaste,

I found a reference to this mailing list from one of
Raviji's posting in the Ambaa-L mailing list of which
I am a silent member. I am sure being a part of this
mailing list will benefit me in my quest to find
whether bhakthi is a dualistic means to a non dual
goal (lead to a realization of advaita) or is it an
end in itself.

As smartas our primary emphasis is on srauta and
grihya sutras (ref: srauta smarta vihita, sadachara
nityakarma anushtana, ... yagnopavitha dharanam
karishye) which resembles karma yoga for the most
parts. Advaita is primarily Dhyana yoga. There must be
a meeting point somewhere. This has been explained in
a disjoint form in the vedantas

I also have a few questions regarding samkhya and the
bhagavad gita.

regards
Vishwanathan