[Advaita-l] Appaiya Dikshita

venkata subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 23:00:28 CDT 2003

Dear All,

This is a very news to me.  Has Appaiya Dikshita been
defeated in any debate ??!!!  where ?! when ?!
any one who has read his works has acknowledged his
mastery !!
how then is this so ?!!

http://philtar.ucsm.ac.uk/encyclopedia/hindu/devot/vallab.html
> > I would like the readers to take a good look at
> the
> > website,
> > and see for themselves if what VidyAshankar claims
> > makes sense or not.
> > Here is a quote from that website :
> >
> > "There is one existent Being only - Shri Krishna
> > Parabrahman, called also
> > Purushottam ("highest Person", in the Gita),
> > Bhagavan ("lord", in the
> > Bhagavata Purana), or Brahman (in the Upanishads);
> > that only Parabrahman
> > exists is uncompromisingly asserted. To Vallabha,
> > the way in which Shankara
> > and Advaita brought in maya as the explanation for
> > the origin of the
> > physical universe allowed in a second entity
> > alongside Brahman, a
> > possibility to be rejected outright."
> >
> > As far, "achintya bhEdAbhEda" of  shree Chaitanya,
>
> > again you are wrong,
> > because their "affinity and love" for mAyAvAdins
> is
> > very well known.
> > In fact,  some of them claim that they are an
> > offshoot from the school of

=== message truncated ===

=====
Thanks & Regards,