[Advaita-l] ADMIN: Posting Issues ( such as, Checking Whether Messages Appeared or Not)

M. S. Ravisankar ravi at ambaa.org
Tue Jun 17 11:00:58 CDT 2003

Dear Members:

1) You can check whether messages appeared or not at our archives

http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/public/advaita-l/

or at the duplicate archives

http://www.escribe.com/religion/advaita/.

Latter is easier to check as the messages are sorted by date, but the former
is more accurate.

2) I modified the list reply-to from "Poster" to "List", unless you have set
an explicit reply-to in your mail tool, now Advaita-L will have "List" as
the default reply address. In any case, please check the header before
hitting Send. This way, you can avoid "reply-all".

3) Also if the poster copied you on the message, sometimes you will get the
message earlier than the list. Please wait till you respond.

4) In any case, limit your messages to just 2 per day. Also, it is a good
practice to wait for sometime before you respond.

Thank you.

Ravi
(In a week or two, we will compile, many of these things as a FAQ, which
will be kept on the web site and will also be posted once a month or so).