[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 29

Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] srinivas.kotekal at pharmacia.com
Fri Jun 13 15:03:08 CDT 2003

Dear Nagarjuna,

> My point is that according to vedanta, knowledge of brahman is alone to be
pursued. The reason for this can be
> explained   only by advaitic mode of thinking. It is because brahman alone
is the underlying essence and the knowledge
> of  the essence is what that matters. If there are any other essences,
other than brahman one may doubt as to why they
> should not be sought after.

OK...

> But since brahman is the only essence, brahman alone should be sought.

If brahmn is only essence, brahmn should be sought by whom ?  Brahmn ? but
He already aware of Himself !

- Srinivas.

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.