[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 29

Nagarjuna Siddhartha nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 13:00:08 CDT 2003

Dear Jay Nelamangala,

>So what is your point?

>By knowing the essence of great wall as bricks
>in the mundane world of civil engineering,
>you may be able to reconstruct similar walls.

>When it comes to the knowledge of Parabrahman,
>neither bricks, nor walls, nor Great wall of China
>nor your civil engineering is going to help.
>That is the whole point.

My point is that according to vedanta, knowledge of brahman is alone to be pursued. The reason for this can be explained only by advaitic mode of thinking. It is because brahman alone is the underlying essence and the knowledge of the essence is what that matters. If there are any other essences, other than brahman one may doubt as to why they should not be sought after. But since brahman is the only essence, brahman alone should be sought.

>BTW, I have read "MoolamAdhyamika kArikA"
>of Sri NagArjuna.

This is not relevant to the topic. The list policy prohibits discussion of non-vedantic philosophies.