[Advaita-l] Interpreting "abhEda" shruti vAkyas

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Wed Jun 11 21:25:23 CDT 2003

Namaste Jay-ji,

Let me quote the whole verse from Shweta Up for you (verse 1-9):

The Supreme Lord appears as Isvara, omniscient and
omnipotent and as the jiva, of limited knowledge and power,
both unborn. But this does not deny the phenomenal universe;
for there exists further the unborn prakriti, which creates the
ideas of the enjoyer, enjoyment and the object. Atman is
infinite and all-pervading and therefore devoid of agency.
When the seeker knows all these three to be Brahman, he is
freed from his fetters.

It is Advaita my brother.

best regards,
K Kathirasan